Monday, September 29, 2014

I can go for any role except sex roles —Juwon Adewunmi

One of the new acts adding extra glamour and flavour to Yoruba films of today is the beautiful Juwon Adewunmi. She would tell you her face is her selling point and looking at her, you could not but agree with her. Telling her story, she said it was actually her mum that paved the way for her into acting.
Juwon-Adewunmi-1“I love everything about acting and it was actually my mum that introduced me into it. What really inspired me into it is that actors are just like teachers you learn from and I wanted to b a good role model to people. I started acting since 1995 but then I was only featuring in mum’s production and her colleagues at Lagos Island chapter. Later, I joined my own group, the African Spirit Performing Art in 2005 at Gbagada, Lagos. The head of the group was Mr Lekan Ojo (aka Gbatami), who I can call my master in the profession,” she narrated.
But Juwon reminded us she didn’t break through to the surface in her profession by picking roses along the way. There were times she erred and badly enough to want to quit but the passion, according to her, has made her stayed in the game.
My most embarrassing experience was on set during my first production.
Then I was still learning, so when I was asked to pronounce some words, I just couldn’t and fluffed my lines so bad that the director got mad and started shouting at me in front of everyone. Everyone started laughing and I had to leave the set at that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  "Sophia Momodu Is Demanding $800 For Nanny's Fee From Davido" Famous blogger, Cutie Juls has accused Davido’s baby mama, Sop...